Cassia tora belongs to the leguminosae family and it grows in tropical regions. The speciailty of this plant is that different parts of this plant were applied for different applications and it is for this reason that this plant remained one of the popular plants since old times. Today the seeds of this plant are processed to extract the gum powder which is then applied for variety of industrial applications. The applications are based on the properties that favour production .Cassia tora seeds are hard to beat in their quality and affordability. They are bold and small seeds. These seeds are also shiny and are duly machine cleaned.The plant is known for its significant medicinal value. The Cassia plant mainly grows in the tropical regions of India .
Cassia Tora Seed or Jue Ming Zi in Chinese, or the ripe seed of sickelpod cold nature of the fruit is excellent for cooling down the body. Cassia Tora Seed is highly valued in ancient Chinese herb.
- This bitter and salty Cassia Tora Seed has also been credited as an eyesight booster. Cassia Tora can also helps by removing intensive heat from the liver and improving vision, moisturizing intestine and easing the bowels. Great help for losing weight as well.
- It is sweet, bitter and salty in flavor, slightly cold in nature, it is related to the liver, kidney and large intestine channels.
- The parts like roots, seeds and leaves of this plant can be used in curing various health problems and diseases.
- The root is used in snakebite.
- The dried and fresh leaves are used in northern Nigeria in the treatment of ulcers, ring worm and other parasitic skin diseases.
- The Cassia Tora Seed, ripe seed of sickle pod, is a highly valued ancient Chinese herb. As defined in Ayurveda these seeds of Cassia Tora are great laxatives.Due to the cold nature of the fruit from which they are extracted, the Cassia Tora seeds are the excellent sources for cooling down the body. Used as aperients and purgatives the seeds are help to loosen the bowels to relieve constipation.
- It is used as a natural pesticide in organic farms of india.
- The intake of these seeds can cure skin diseases like ring worm, itch and psoriasis.
- These herbal seeds can also remove intense heat from the liver and improve the acuity of sight and loosen the bowels to relieve constipation.
- In addition to being used as medicinal herbs, the seeds are also used as a mordant in dyeing.
- They can be roasted and ground to be used as a coffee substitute.
- As the dehydrated seed of Cassia plant has good protein, it can be used as a full of protein feed for livestock and birds. Growing as leguminous weed in several parts of India, this is also used as fodder for animals and as a feed ingredient for carps.
- In medicine preparation, the gum obtained from seeds is used as emulsifying and binding agent.